PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 08:29
lpokijuhyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I applied to work there 4 months ago. One day I get an email asking if I could fly down to Cairo later that same evening in order to interview the following morning! Incredible. I then called them and asked what was up with the scheduling. To be honest, their recruitment is highly unorganized and is probably a reflection of the airline.
I asked what aircraft for which they were recruiting and they said the Boeing 747. I said which 747? They said the Boeing 747. I said which 747. The guy honestly said, "the larger one." I was in disbelief. So after 20 minutes of playing, "guess which 747 model I am trying to describe" I concluded they were recruiting for the Classic. He said they were recruiting for a 3 year contract on the Classic. I told him that I read they were going to phase out the classic in a year and when that happened which aircraft would I transfer to or would my contract be voided. Simple and honest questions that needed to be asked. He then replied that I needed to buy my own hotel room in Cairo that same evening if I wanted to fly down there for the interview. Talk about switching the subject.hahaha.
Anyhow, I got a serious bad vibe from this outfit and declined. Maybe it is a good deal, but there lack of HR really made me question what the hell was going on.