PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Controlled Airspace....Basic Service or FIS?
Old 28th Apr 2009, 09:30
Talkdownman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<<What now is the difference between what you get from an aerodrome with a FISO and with an AGCS? Especially with respect to entering or transiting an ATZ?>>

Not a lot! AGCS Operators are also allowed to pass traffic information in ATZs. CAP413 says so.

Can't possibly understand why anybody should be confused by this absolutely disgraceful shambles created by the CAA and its CAP774.

So what 'service' do I ask for if some service users require information on my flight for their situational awareness (see:http://www.pprune.org/private-flying...ats-point.html) but I do not require any service, not even BS dressed up with TS?

FAS?

Am I expected to go through all this CARPHACER business just so that one or two might possibly be listening to my position report (which is probably only of limited value for only a brief period of time) and risk being vectored (yes, vectored, on a BS) out of the way of a very slightly larger, more important aeroplane going very slightly faster (because of its different type of propulsion) with probably fewer people on board to join an all-important airway?

I think the CAA and some 'ATSOCA' providers (and some Users, for that matter) still need to get some ATSORA issues into perspective.