PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2009, 19:35
8-15fromOdium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Purdey you have asked on a number of occasions what has changed in the airworthiness state of the Mk2 Chinook since the 2 June 1994. Now I have been trying to think of the people on this thread who could answer that question and I think Atlantic Cowboy may be that person, in his post #3774 he tells us he was a member of the "Mull team" in a post about the much vaunted spreadsheet (that was not released). In it he states:

My recollection and knowledge of the spreadsheet is that it simply records dates of communication from members of the public, MPs, Lords etc. It has no information in it other than the subject matter of the correspondence and where it is filed. It certainly does not contain the airworthiness audit trail because that was not the purpose for which the speadsheet was designed.
To which I later asked:

can you enlighten us if there was a seperate document drawn up that recorded the airworthiness audit trail as part of the investigation and if such a document exists has it (to your knowledge) been made publicly available
Now that we are going around this bouy again, AC would you be kind enough to enlighten us if such a document existed and if so has it been made publically available? I am sure that you will agree John, if AC would be kind enough to answer that question, we may get closer to answering yours.