PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD80 plane crash in Phuket, Sep. 07
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2009, 04:25
hillys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member in LOS

Hi Guys and gals and Thaivisa is usually careful with what it allows to display but if the proof is there then they might allow a thread to continue.The main man is George and is approachable.

I am a retired private pilot and this thread was bought to our attention on our Thailand forum by one of your members hence my interest as I live in Thailand and have done so for 8 years.

Here is the thread he started but you will need to register to gain access to it. Free with no hidden fees etc and I am Admin on that board with the handle hilly. I promise you that the thread will be allowed to run if it stays on track and does not wander off into fantasy land.

Md80 Plane Crash Phuket 2007 - Pattaya Secrets Forum=

What is being said in this thread is interesting to say the least but as we say here TIT (this is thailand) so not to be unexpected. An expose does appear to be needed on this incident and good luck with it.

There are three other main message boards that likely will let a thread run and there are a few CP's and PP's on these boards also. Thaivisa is of course the largest Thai site for sure but these others have 10's of 1000's of members many of who are also Thaivisa members so IMHO it is worth posting on them.
My site is probably the largest and most active next to Thaivisa.
http://www.pattayasecrets.com
Second and pretty good is Pattaya Addicts Forum
Hope that helps with the cause gentleman and I will keep watching.

At the time many of us expats here thought the whole thing was a can of worms and there was much discussion on the advisories from tower and auto station problems that seemed to indicate that a go around was in order.

Wind sheer seemed to be the prime cause but if reporting equipment at Phuket was out of order, as it seems to have been, then the info being passed on to the pilot might well have been wrong or out of date. I also seem to remember a report that the PIC of the aircraft landing ahead of the MD80, that was in the circuit, had reported wind problems to the FO of the 1 2 Go MD80 but much more than that we never found out until now thanks.