PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi Aviation
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2009, 19:46
B412

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay and benefits

Hi to all my friends in ADA.

Please fellows, with the comments about pay to $616 per day, but only if you qualify, and of course the fact that the housing is still pretty much the lowest standard in the industry, then could someone explain why all of a sudden things look so grand in Abu Dhabi?

Is there a real sick leave benefits clause as yet? What about a descent death in service agreement? I take it Loss of License is still a non starter.... The gratuity deal for 6 and 6 was argued to the pilots detriment many years ago by the jingili mafia, so I guess will not have changed.

I like many argue our workover rate.... but at least for most we have the above benefits on top of it, plus an annual salary, not a daily rate.
As such, despite the fact ADA are not in West Africa or indeed Nigeria, why the sound of bells ringing? (I accept the USD situation, but hey for most expats that is the same worldwide excepting CHC international.).

Yes we all accept that it is lovely to have a large town nearby with good supermarkets. And, I may be wrong, hence would like to be corrected, I believe more has changed in other places than in ADA. So why the sudden buzz? Safe flying to all!