PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2008, 12:46
forum newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obbie,

I agree with you. True that the crj/erj pilots have less experience and will have a tougher time in training but like everything else, hard work and perserverence will ensure that they will get through training. It has happened before and will continue to happen when the world economy picks up. The sad reality is that many of the people that are interested now were never interested a year ago. So why punish the individuals who studied, applied, and took the initiative to apply at emirates when countless other airlines were hiring. I was given a job offer at both united and jetblue, but my desire was to work for emirates. I did not want to take the risk and go to a career that was showing prosperity but had limited future prospects (united).

The question is that does emirates look at what kind of employee a person is after they past training or are they looking for someone that can just fill a roster that had no intention of applying when times were good but are now desperate for a job? I personally have never heard of a company that offers a position but yanks it as soon as better prospects arrive.

Its analogous to getting married but a few months later, one decides to go with the better looking person that offers great sex but little long term growth. .

This post is not directed to any of the people that are applying; but instead, to the people who are making the decisions that affects so many of us.

fn