PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT Aeromed
Thread: NT Aeromed
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2008, 06:39
Wally Mk2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh you guys make me laugh Opinions opinions is all they are.
My facts are really my beliefs, facts to me not to you
'rc' well I don't need to explain what I said really but the word SAFETY is amongst my words, you simply can't get the same level of SAFETY with a single as against a twin And as for the P188? no contest, don't forget it's all about operating costs when it comes to contracts etc in the aeromed field & the more expensive less useable P188 won't ever get up!
I know when I used to fly an old LR35 (around 30 yrs old) on aeromed flights all over the pacific the Dr's & nurses would always bitch about how cramped it was with no toilet (well none that anyone would actually use that is) etc. When I asked as to why we didn't have better suited planes (comfort wise) I was told that when it came to Med retrievals conducted under an insurance claim the LR35 was the best, the CHEAPEST & that's all that an insurance Co thinks about:-)
I know the AAV down Sth here passed by the design of the P188 for the next contract briefly but after some sense was drilled into them they agreed to leave the type alone for various reasons. Apart from none being in this country with no spares back up, probably no engineers on type not to mention a whole new training system being needed for everyone concerned with thye P188 the COST would be out of the question. One other being the speed. In the SE section it (P188) would save little time. Our average sector time is 35 mins @ around FL160. The P188 would be a waste of it's abilities for us, it's only fast at the top end of it's design ceiling, probably in the 30+K Alt. The cargo door or it's non existance in the P188 is a huge issue, OH&S wouldn't allow for any of the ambo members never lone the pilots to load a patient without some form of mechanical assistance. The inablity not to be able to use short dirt strips (at this point in time) is another no no, so for that type the list goes on & on.
So again I say the B200 is the ONLY airframe that is acceptable, I don't make the rules/requirements of our contract for instance I just happen to agree with them. All other sections opperate the PC12 bar us, terrain is but one issue.

Like I have said a zillion times, the PC12 is a great plane am sure, just not for us

WMk2