PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet Pilot Program of Emirates
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 20:33
SilveR5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
discrimination is a by-product of nationalization
Aero..I respectfully disagree with you mate..because when the country is offering a privilege for citizens, this is not discrimination...it's just what is expected. And remember that we are talking specifically about creating jobs for some "national carriers" in the region.

Another argument would go like this...a newly licensed pilot with an average of 220 flying hours and most likely still non type-rated...what are his chances to work for an airline like Emirates or Gulf Air unless he is a citizen?? who would ever grant him a decent chance to join in as soon as he gets the license? and what are his chances in general to get a job with a respectful airline? how soon he can expect that to happen?

the fact of the matter is that many examples in many regions in the world are there & can support this concept with regard to cadets programs...isn't it a logical approach to invest in suitable candidates and qualify local cadets for a national airliner career?

It happens once in a decade, or maybe lesser ratio, to witness a company like Etihad launching the evenful global cadets program (even this thing is happening due to certain circumstances where there are no many local candidates that can supply the high demand at both Etihad+Emirates!! nevertheless, positioning themselves as the multi-national/multi-cultural company that is seeking higher ranking)..

anyway those who can join any cadet program are really lucky...and I sincerely wish that you can be one of those