PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair safety
Thread: Ryanair safety
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2008, 09:54
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's no abuse whatsoever (where?), it's just amazing that the total inability to get a refund out of Ryanair in any shape or form makes even the most nervous passenger suddenly able to fly!

You come to a pilot forum squeaking you are frightened of flying. You need a man to tell you to 'pull yourself together and get on with it!'. Unfortunately, I am a pilot. Occasionally I have to hold someone's hand and say 'there there, don't be frightened' when all along I really want to get my belt off and tan them until they decide perhaps they're not too frightened after all.....after they've delayed 400 people for an hour because of their incredibly stupid phobias!

You don't have a thing about spiders as well, do you? Mice? Lizards and snakes? Wide open spaces? It seems people who suffer one phobia very often have a bigger selection they can pick and chose from for the day. It shows deeper rooted problems, but as we don't have Agony Aunt anymore, I can't direct you for help. An interesting observation I have made over the years is that the nervous passengers who hold up flights are almost always obese, but that leads us into a politically incorrect area and I don't go such places.

It would be useful to know if you do manage to conquor your fears and actually fly. Might give you a phobia about Irish accents though!

Last edited by Rainboe; 11th Nov 2008 at 10:07.