PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 11:21
buba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
icarus, your right some weeding is necessary but that might not happen so the next best thing is just prevent the dead wood from making active decisions regarding critical and sensitive matters be it big or small.i just wonder how much this dead wood is costing the company compared to other factors such as:

aircrafts on ground due to delays,technicals etc:heard it costs between $75-400 for every min the aircraft is parked on the ramp for whatever reason.

lack of spare parts.

leasing delapitated aircrafts that,apart from the lease money, costing an arm and a leg to fix( EO,ER,EP and the recent ET,ES that spent the better part of their service on ground due to maintenance issues).

abusing the 767 beyond repair, finally fixing them and letting them go at the beginig of the summer peak. most of their sectors were operated by the 320/321 with half the passenger capacity and almost zero cargo capability.

expensive yet substandard catering and cuttlery.

the inability to retain flight crew( that cost alot of money and end up leaving in a couple of years if not months)

inadequate time gap between individual arrivals in the wave systems that eats up feul as the flights are held/vectored for miles on end before landing into bah(some instances feul lost could be anywhere between 200 -500 kilos).

in the end its bad desicions that are killing gf...i rest my case.