PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2008, 13:55
ODMEA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With much due respect to locals - unfortunately 95% have NO idea of the industry its clear its just a job to most nothing more than a monthly income, wether the lazy male crew in the air or the rude abrupt staff on the ground. The only really good service was the chefs, most of the female expat crew and lounge ladies.

Im not sure how seriously the locals understand they just cant seem to cut it customer service wise and without the expats the airline would be another KU or syrian arab airlines. The Lebanese operate the only decent all arab airline - there is no doubting that and against all odds too! Why GF makes it so hard is beyond me. The enshalla attitude and the world owes me everything is what destroys any efforts at reviving GF. Some opportunistic expat managers too I guess.

I recall my first GF flight in 95 - I was So impressed I flet like royalty compared to being on Qantas. Its the service and hard product that immediately win premium pax..shedules and on time performance are important too.. GF only has the schedules. Everything else has just fallen apart. If they continue at this rate they may as well just resign to becomming a subcontinant charter / shuttle service. Of all the hype I heave heard and read nothing has disseminated to the first or business cabins...same ol same ol. The chefs have been the best thing GF ever did. The only 8 seats and two lavs in F will be sadly missed.

The rest I am glad to be rid of.

Good luck gents and see you maybe in 5yrs-heres hoping.

Oddy