PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 10th Oct 2008, 11:43
TidaBisa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.Training costs for a fully current and qualified NG Captain with several thousand hours on type should not equal $24,000. I can understand having one for a new-hire with no experience on the aircraft being flown.
Bond if any should be a decreasing bond, reducing with longetivity with the company.

2. Low cost housing-- The average Captain applicant is probably a guy with a wife and 2.5 kids. So a 3 bedroom is a basic minimum. Try any of the websites in Dubai for real-estate. You won't find anything for 192,000 AED. Perhaps another website somewhere for the "Hood" in Dubai.

3. Someone please tell me where a furloughed out of work pilot coming to Dubai is going to get $30,000-60,000 to pay for the housing costs needed to be paid upfront along with deposits for the schools etc. FlYD apparently is only paying the 6month advance.

4. In defense of FlyD, their offer is just that--their offer. It's up to the individual to decide if they can handle it. 3 years does go fast, but it can be also go very slow if you find yourself (or your wife) in an unhappy position with no out in sight for 36 months.

5. My guess is that guys who have no other better offers or jobs will take it as will applicants from countries who are ok with the concept of low cost housing.