PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground Handling Contract Pricing.
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2008, 21:40
STN Ramp Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tyrekicker2
An excellent post, rereading the SGHA, I see that e-ticketing is mentioned in the definition of ticket. My point on e-ticketing was not well made, some legacy DCS systems have not kept pace with e-ticketing which has resulted in processes having to be implemented that are not covered by the SGHA, the main one of these is having to manually change coupon status because the hand back function from DCS to Reservations has failed. I admit this is less of an issue as the programmers catch up.

I am a great fan of the SGHA and agree that the primary problem is lack of understanding; yesterday I was presented with a simplified version that had no preamble and was therefore a totally worthless piece of paper

Greuzi
Your point about it being rarely assigned to a schedule is a good one, it is possible for the GHA to do this in the annex B, I am not sure the airline would sign up to it. I have delay clauses in most of my contracts and have never had any issues getting them written in during the negotiation.

Sadly whilst I think the issue of pricing is moving in favour of the GHA I do not believe service quality has been addressed by the GHA’s yet.