PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 29th Aug 2008, 02:52
TidaBisa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The FlyD major shortcoming is the housing allowance. For someone with 2-3 kids relocating, they would need a 3 bedroom apartment/villa. From the looks of it the allowance is short by around 60,000 AED. Plus if FlyD does not assist in the deposit bond required (6-12 months rent) I doubt that there will be many takers. I for sure don't have that kind of cash laying around to be put to use as a deposit.

Next point, the training bond of USD 24,000 for 3 years. If they are hiring current/qualified Capts why require a bond? Hopefully, the bond is one that decreases with time served with the company. It's not so much that one is planning to leave the company, but what if you have to due to a family illness or other situation back in your home country. There should be provisions for a true hardship case.

Educational allowance. If the allowance is AED 30,000 per family as opposed to per child then you are going to be paying out the a** for school costs. Cost is around 30,000-45,000 per year per child plus deposits etc. Some deposits (American schools especially) are very steep!

Car allowance--I would much rather give up the allowance for a pick-up/drop-off instead. Keep my sanity in the process.

No retirement/provident fund. If one is going to have to dip into the base salary for a)rent b)educational expenses etc etc. there is not going to be much left over for savings!

I guess if you don't have anything else going on then it is worth applying for. For those who have similat T&C at other airlines, crunching the numbers will reveal not much advantage, financially.

Big plus, however is being at a new airline at the ground level with tremendous potential and solid financial backing.

Has anyone heard from FlyD after applying? When are they going to start screening? Is it going to be the EK Screening process?