PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2008, 19:44
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder if some of you would please be so kind as to provide some information and/ or suggestions on a few points.
A little of a waffle perhaps but I want to explain why the Apple warranty would be so important to my travelling needs.
Posted a thread downstairs a few days ago, lamenting the lack of customer care on my Sony Vaio. Bought it less than a year ago in the USA/Sony dealer, warranty etc. Now it has a touchpad problem. Sony USA will only honour the warranty in the USA and will charge me $300 for shipping to San Diego. Sony UK tell me that if I send it to them in England, they will want £189 just to look at the kit. The South Africans will not touch it because that model, a cheapy, is not available there. The Germans, well, much the same as the English. In other words, it's not a company, it's a franchise with no recognizable service base.
I've been thinking of moving to a Mac for a long time, when my older little, tiny Vaio dies. Been put off by the fact that I am very, very unclued up on computers and those of the family who are good with the horrid things only know their way around PCs.
So, please, any feedback on dunces changing from PC to Mac.
Any feedback on the honouring of warranties in countries other than that in which the Apple has been bought. Surely Macs do go bust form time to time?
What really would be the competition for the Apple Air? It just feels right, like my VGN T2XP.
Thank you one and all.
cc