PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ever flown a plane with a V-tail ?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2002, 16:08
weirdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andy,. .You should have asked, we could have spent those long night TFSs discussing this.. .Volume,the Fouga has a very benign erect spin when in the training fit, I don't know what the spin was like when the aircraft was armed. Spin entry is to appraoch the stall, at the light vibration apply full rudder, watch as the aircraft pitches, roll and then yaws and it does this sequentially (fantastic for teaching), as the nose passes the horizon apply full aft stick and maintain full pro spin controls. Easing the stick forward tends to make the spin go toward higher rotational speeds. I recall that any aileron input produces a response which is reversible, I think that outspin aileron makes the spin oscillatory and you can catch the aircraft on an 'upnod' centralise the controls and fly it away, inspin aileron steepens the nose attitude. I never went into an inverted spin, but talked to a guy who had, apparently the recovery procedure works.. .The Fouga Magister is a development of a glider design and it shows the spin is very gentle.