PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Formation over London next Saturday (14th June)
Old 12th Jun 2008, 22:52
nunquamparatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTFO?

Would someone please tell me, and I'm sure there are enough Pruners out there from the various stations that put the aeroplanes in the sky for this, just how much, whole station, effort went into this PR campaign. ALL those aircraft, all those maintenance hours, all that gas, all the sodding deconfliction and hours, nay days, spent planning this sodding thing. All for HMQ's birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I understand the Army wear silly outfits and stand around having pictures taken outside Buck palace - I think thats dumb too (someone will no doubt sell it as Ceremonial=Public Awareness). What I find mind blowing is that, in this era where we are all (or so i thought) trying to save money everywhere to make the defence budget go that little bit further, when money was so tight that we can't find enough cash to pay for people's travel claims - that this sort of is being approved?!? BoBMF, yes, some Typhoons, sure. But the whole bloody Air Force - and don't try and fob me off with the argument that they would have been flying anyway. Of course they would. The VC10/C-17 would have been ferrying people (Army) in and out of warzones. The E3D would have been conducting training/an exercise. The mud-movers would have been slotting Terry Taleban or training for it and the Air Defenders...........ok, thats a tough one. Why not just put a prime time advert on Sky that says "We're short of attention and feeling a little sensitive about it"