PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD80 plane crash in Phuket, Sep. 07
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2008, 14:18
InvestigateUdom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have over 1400 signatures on our petition including a number of signatures from former Orient Thai pilots. Thank you very much pilots!

Last week, we officially submitted our petition to PM Samak Sundaravej. See it here in Thai, and here in English.

If you haven't yet signed, please do. Use your keyboard to make a change. www.InvestigateUdom.com

I want to share my favorite non-family, non-pilot post:
"I just crossed Thailand off my list of possible vacation spots for my family's summer vacation.
Call it knee-jerk American myopia if you want (I know little about the facts surrounding the incident in question), but I will continue to write off Thailand until such a time as I hear that the Thai airline industry is cleaned up.
And, whether fair or not, I will probably tell others of my decision.
So why should you care? Well, consider all the signatures above mine. Whether you care to acknowledge it or not, commercial life has changed dramatically in the past 15 years. Your PR disaster is now a global one. You are living in a hyperaware, superconnected world. And that world is watching. But it won't watch forever. Eventually, if no new news emerges, the global community will form a consensus about Thailand and brand it as dangerous.
judging by the number of signatures, you really don't have very much time."