PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA set to claim siginifcant damages from BALPA for 'damage to its reputation & brand'
Old 5th Apr 2008, 09:46
Fork Handles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont understand all the commotion from pax blaming the pilots.
It is quite simple.
The pilots have a contract with BA. They are in dispute with them.
The pax have a contract with BA. Ba are responsible for providing the service for that contract.
If ba dont have the resource because of lack of skills equipment or people then it is BA who are to blame.

The Pax have no contract with the pilots until they are on board the aircraft, then it is one of legal responsibility for their safety. ANO refers. Nothing to do with any other agreement or law. My licence wasnt a gift from any airline it is issued by the govt .end of logic.

So to sum up if BA (povider) cant source the appropiate labour effectively (the pilots) due to contractual dispute and so cant provide the product they have charged for then the PAX have a right to moan at BA.

Once more for those at the back THE PAX CONTRACT IS WITH BA. NOT THE PILOTS
Unless there are those out there who would like to blame the pilots for T5 after all they have kept willy busy for a few months and thats why he took his eye off the t5 ball.
Oh and while I'm at it. The following is a list of other things that are not the fault of the pilots or in fact any crew. It is not exhaustive
Fog
Turbulence
traffic jams on the way to the airport
Crowded terminals
Delays
atc
Crappy little terminals in greece that your tour company left you at.
A **** hotel you paid next to nothing for
DVT
Sunburn
Badly swollen legs from dehydration and sunburn while wailing about dvt.
Medical services at the airport.
Free oxygen whn you were too tight to pre order it.
Your bloody angina pills in your hold baggage.
Anyone like to add?

Things we are responsible for.
Getting you to your destination not dead, injured or otherwise damaged.
erm thats it