PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air Pilot Recruitment (Merged Threads)
Old 21st Mar 2008, 22:00
realsebas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info OmanAir

Hi guys,

I'm fo on the 737 with Oman Air since a couple of months. Salaries went up recently and gave us a pretty nice contract in fact.

As an fo, basic salary is now 2600 RO. A normal month with around 70 flight hours gives us more or less 400 RO flight pay. This amount can go up to around 700 RO for a well filled month. They give us an additional 350 RO to help to pay a house rent and 40 RO for elec and water. They don't have a retirement program but there is an illness insurance and free medicines and doctor visits for you, your partner and kids. Also a part of the schooling is paid for. No loss of licence at the moment but I've heard they pay 50% of it if you organise it yourself.
ID90 on 28 companies (Emirates, Etihad, KLM, Air France, Gulf Air, ...)

For cpt I think basic salary is now 3600 RO and housing 590 RO. All the rest is same.

The Omani Rial is linked to the $ at a fixed rate of 1 RO = 2,59 $

Oman Air bought 6 A330's and 3 additional on a leasing base. Delivery starts in 2009. 5 B787's were bought as well and were scheduled for delivery in 2012 but latest rumours (not confirmed) talk about delivery in 2010 already. So fleet will be more than doubled in a few years.

What the ATR concerns, I don't think they hire new pilots for them as they will be fased out. They want to replace them with small jetplanes like CRJ's.

Muscat is very nice living indeed. It's very quite, people are nice and nature is beautiful.

I hope this info helps a bit.

Greetz,

Seb