PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colour Vision and Class 1
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2001, 01:25
grob103

Quote is from the person who runs the colour vision clinic at City Uni - can't remember her name I'm afraid. She said that the white "can be quite greenish". I drew the conclusion that's to help deutans myself.

I also got the impression that the H-W lantern displays differing versions of red, green, and white, all of which are inside the tolerances for aviation red, green and white. If that's the case (and logically there must be some tolerances), then perhaps some of the "white" lights are "greenish"? Not an expert, and as I can't see the bloody colours anyway.

Secretly hanker after flying job, in the same way I secretly hanker after a lottery win. No point crying over spilt milk. I suspect I could get an FAA SODA, or a medical in some other country, but I've got family, and a fiancee in the UK. Having lived in several countries, I realise the UK is the one I like the most. I'm not willing to give up lots of stuff just to do a job I'd like a lot more.

I made this decision on the basis that I should only make decisions that maximise my happiness. Certainly flying would be better than my current job, but the sacrifices I'd have to make to do it aren't worth it. Those sacrifices are financial, geographical, and personal.

I can still fly, and have a ball flying gliders. Thanks to its amateur status, I enjoy a level (medical) playing field with other glider pilots, even to the extent of being allowed to fly in cloud.

Obviously you've decided that you'd be happier flying, regardless of the sacrifices. That's an equally valid decision, and I hope you achieve your aims.

Good luck,

grob103