PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 14:31
boffdj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys

I'm a PPL(H) trainee, nearing completion, read the boards quite a lot, but wanted to contribute to this one.

Having flown an R22, plenty of EOL's... some quite bumpy, sadly upset by the lack of goodies (glass), range, speed, and other shallow matters like that one. I'm very interested in this machine, for one if Dennis and the Gumibal's claims are true, this is a safer machine - more time to get the lever down makes safer low hrs pilots, and smoother less damaging landings. The glass is very cool and reduces pilot load, and the more advanced fenestron and head make it a better trainer if you are ever looking into the bigger 120's etc

I like it, and I think that it's popularity vs. the R22 will come down to a combination of the above and the cost. The cost of cousre will depend on a number of factors, insurance (possibly safer), Fuel consumption with that new gadgety plasma thingy and auto carb heater and light weight, resale - which I imagine will be much slower than the R22's.

I for one hope, and allmost imagine that you will be cost neutral / minimal. If I'd have been given the choice at say £10-£20 per hour more... I'd have probably done it.... More intertia in the head, is a very good thing.

Having said that, I don't regret a minute in the 22, can't wait to finish and get involved in some type conversions though. 44 next

I do very much like the idea of it getting a mini jet engine though ;-)