PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2008, 21:00
Bootneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only got to page 5 and had to post a few. Somebody asked for images of G-TIGN in china.

Here she is just about to start for Kai Tak after being lifted from the freighter. (Kwai Chung container port)
Graham Lee and Rob Parry.

Same crew taking RH to Kai Tak, this one arrived on a Ro-Ro ferry, I had to pump the hydraulics to keep brake pressure as she was pushed out of the ferry down the ramp. Hilarious few days.

Winch training with our greenie ? Robinson on the left and Butch ? on the right, they thought sitting in the doorway would save their knees. Later during a particularly tight turn they were heard screaming over the intercom.

GN in Kai Tak on diversion following a casevac from a drilling rig amongst the islands south of HK. The interpreter is Jenny (Shi Jing) the co-pilot is I think Huang (guy in flying ovies was HKAF). He was really pissed off at going to HK and switched off the AP as I reached hover height over the deck. I landed back on and he demanded we go immediately to China and then possibly HK. I explained that if he didn't sit on his hands for the remainder of the trip I would hurl him over the side. The ex-pat oily had already lost an eye due to a gauge exploding in his face, when we got to Kai Tak there was an ambulance and a surgeon waiting, the guys second eye was saved. On return to Shen Zhen I was advised by throbbing Robin I would be removed by the Immigration police for interview. So off we trotted and I was deemed a nasty person, but if I didn't do it again I could stay. Yeah......whatever.

GN at Guangzhou. 13.09.1984. L-R Rob Parry, Graham Lee, Ian Stewart Chief Engineer.

GN at the dockside on arrival

RH on the dockside at Whampoa looking towards Kowloon.

During a typhoon evac I had to go under one of these, kicked us all over the sky.

Last edited by Bootneck; 1st Mar 2008 at 12:55.