PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 21:29
Freewheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singesavant

I realise your post is a translation of a post on another forum, it's very easy to go getting all twisted about things that are written - our fellow forum members give more than enough examples.

I thought I was being quite positive - I rather like the Cabri and like it more as it has developed.

As I mentioned;

"I don't imagine the concept will have escaped the designer"

in other words "I'm sure Guimbal has looked at every option".

Not an attack by any means. I didn't mention the ignition system because I'm not familiar with what has been produced, but it sounds great in Captain Hollywood's translated posts.

I wasn't aware that Guimbal wasn't receiving any government funding. I'm surprised, given the French Government's traditional approach to global industries, but being an outsider causes problems all over the world. We only need to look as far as Robinson to see that new concepts are not always accepted.

I stand by my observation of Eurocopter's product support being terrible. Guimbal has other priorities at the moment, but developing a support network along Bell's model, or even Robinson's, would be an excellent long term goal.

I'm scheduled to visit France later this year, I'll definitely be swinging by for a look-see.