PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 22:48
singesavant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is an answer of couple of your questions, directly from Guimbal's mind, I hope he won't get pissed off with me trying to restitude and translate his email on a french forum (he is a little bit rude in this email, it's nothing to see with you, just that this kind of designers might be the target for millions of critiques, I guess at least, and he answer to an other buddy...):

original from Mr Guimbal:

"Comment répondre à tant de haine ??
Je vais commencer par la seule attaque qui me touche : le moteur Lycoming. Celui qui aura passé la moitié du temps que j'ai passé à étudier sérieusement les autres moteurs possibles pour un hélicoptère biplace, pourrait me jeter la première pierre. Il ne le ferait probablement pas d'ailleurs, par compassion.
Je tiens à la disposition de qui veut des milliers de pages, plans, courbes, sur les Porsche PFM, Mazda birotor, Diesels turbo divers, Rotax, Wilksh, Deltahawk, Subaru, Thielert, SMA (j'ai d'ailleurs travaillé pour le moteur SMA).
Cela me désolerait d'ailleurs d'y avoir passé tout ce temps, si je ne savais pas que tant de gens sérieux en ont passé beaucoup plus (Cirrus, Robinson, Mooney, Socata, etc...excusez du peu) avec le meme résultat pitoyable. Pitoyable pour les discussions de ceux qui restent au bar, d'ailleurs, car ceux qui volent en Cirrus ou en R44 ne perdent pas leur temps à "maudire les ténèbres"... (du proverbe chinois "mieux vaut allumer une bougie que maudire les ténèbres")
A propos de bougies... le Cabri est certifié avec un allumage électronique cartographique du dernier cri, et d'autres modernités, sur son vieux Lycoming."

Translated as better as I can (actually very quick), in english:

how facing so much hatred??
I'll answer to the only attack that touch me: the lycoming engine. the one who had spent half of the time that I did studying seriously others possible engines for a two seat helo, could cast me the first stone and eventually he won't probably do it by compassion.
I get at disposition to who want, thousand of sheets, plans, curves, for the porshes PFM, Mazda bi-rotor, diverts diesels turbo, Rotax, wilksh, Deltahawk, Subaru, Thierlet, SMA (by the way I worked for SMA engine).
I would feel sorry by the way to have spent so much time, if I didn't known that so many serious peoples had spent much more (Cirrus, Robinson, Mooney, Socata, etc... excuse me please) with the same pitifull result. Pitifull for the discussions of one whom spend time into the bars instead of flying the Cirrus or R44 and complaining after that...

talking about spark plugs... cabri is certified with an electronic ingnition system of the last generation on the old lycoming.

Original:

"Je finirai par le sujet qui me fait sourire, mais j'ai peur qu'il n'intéresse personne : "le fric du contribuable".
J'ai quitté définitivement un emploi salarié stable et bien rémunéré, et arreté de cotiser à la retraite, dans une CPE - Certitude de Précarité Eternelle. Pour réunir les 3 Meuros de fonds propres que nous dépensons en ce moment, j'ai engagé dans la bonne humeur et l'aventure ce que je possèdais, la confiance et l'argent de mes 5 frères et soeurs, de 8 amis ingénieurs passionnés, et j'ai convaincu trois sociétés industrielles privées, dont Eurocopter.
Je suis incapable d'aller faire cela à l'étranger, mais cent fois, il m'a été affirmé que c'était la seule solution possible.
Heureusement, nous avons obtenu des aides à l'emploi et au développement, la plupart remboursables sur les ventes, et plusieurs garanties sur mes biens (qui n'y suffiraient pas au quart !). Il y a (qui a dit "il reste" ?) en France des fonctionnaires motivés pour l'aviation et l'industrie, sinon on serait tous bons pour importer du matériel chinois. Ou belge."

Translated:

I'll finish with the subject that make me laughing, but I'm afraid that nobody'll be interess in: "the taxpayer's money".
I definitively quit a salaried and stable position well pay and ceased to pay for the the retreat , social security. To put together the 3 Millions Euro that we're spending now, I engaged in happiness into this adventure all i had, confidence and money of my familly, plus 8 passionates ingeeners, and convince 3 industrials societies include eurocopter.
I'm not capable to do it in a foreign country, but 100 times, I heart that it was the only possibility.
Hopefully, we had aid to develop, reimbursable on the sells and manies garanties on my owns. there are still some state employers in France, motivated for aviation and industry, if not we would just have to import chinese material, or belgium.

by the way, I think or I heard that guimbal helicopter is very open mind to fit the cabri with an other engine regardless of performances/weight ratio and of course realiability, include diesel engines, waiting after the industry to design it i guess...

sorry Mister guimbal if this email bother you, just let me know I'll erase it immediately!

Last edited by singesavant; 23rd Jan 2008 at 23:05.