PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked Eustachian Tube
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2007, 13:19
WG774

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is all very good advice – much appreciated.

You could be onto something with the ‘dust mite’ theory. I personally think the eczema is caused by exposure to dust mites (I get it on parts of the skin that are exposed to bedding when I sleep – fortunately, it’s not too visible, quite mild, but annoying).

I wonder if this is a crock: I was told that smoking can ‘mask’ allergies… ??? It does seem odd that I could go for 30 years without skin irritations, and intermittent ET blockage, to quit smoking and find the symptoms virtually permanent…

My GP told me to try Loretadine to rule out allergies. However, I was weary of being on Loretadine long-term, particularly since I work around dangerous machinery, so to be honest, I don’t think I took it for long enough to make a difference to the ET situation (about a month). The GP is good as far as GPs go, but he admits this is not his speciality.

It’s funny that someone would suddenly develop a mite allergy after 30 years of no allergies…

BTW – Ear candling can be very dangerous! I’ve read reports of people getting burnt ear drums from it! I also believe it to be outright new-age quackery – for ET issues, it’s the wrong circuit anyway.

Thanks!