PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked Eustachian Tube
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2007, 13:02
WG774

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ennie - how are you getting on?
I've been struggling with intermittently blocked eustachian tubes since childhood (I'm now 36).

BTW - to my knowledge, grommets are being pretty much phased out in the UK - there's a more effective treatment which is more invasive medically, but more effective.

When the blockage came back in 2002, my GP went spare with me and said he had no time for smokers, and that the issue would go if I quit cigarattes... I quit smoking (20-a-day) there and then, but the blockage hasn't gone away.

My reason for bumping this discussion is to see if anyone here has tried Endonasal Therapy (try a Google - I don't want to link to commercial sites).
Apparently, ET is common practice in the US, and has been very effective for some people, according to reports I've read.

Unfortunately, I can't find anyone in the UK who practices ET, and the US is a fair way to go just to try a 5-minute outpatient's procedure...

Anyone? Blocked tubes are a common issue for those who fly regularly - it could benefit the community here if we can share info and experiences with ET.