PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army Officer PVR Questions
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2001, 12:31
CaptainCrunch

Talking

Well, you can't "go poofter" anymore - certainly not in the AAC. He he he

Try the following:

i. Get a private soldier pregnant
ii. Walk around with a copy of the Guardian and vaunt the virtues of "New" Labour in the OM.

You may well find that you are required to resign Brenda's Commission

iii. If i and ii fail, write execrable poetry a la Col. Pople and rave about Harriers buzzing your bedroom

OK. Trying to be more helpful, my only experience of this was indirectly from a chum who was OC of a training cadre when we were still using Catterick for basic training - lovely memories of podgy junior leaders arsing around in mid-February. He wanted out big time and the Colours that be were "less than helpful" to begin with but once he made it clear that he really wasn't going to be much use to the them he was free to go fairly shortly afterwards. This was in 1988 and he was on a standard SSC and had about two years in. I think the best way to describe this is to say that there are formal and informal ways of doing what you want here. The formal route is convoluted but will (eventually) get you into civvies with a decent reference. On the other hand, the informal route is more risky overall but may result in a quicker discharge all be it sans the (not necessarily) important "exemplary conduct" notice. Mind you, there was that OE at the Hill in '97 (son of the owner of Trailfinders, I believe) who dropped his strides before parade. He made it to the door after a quick chat with the resident trick-cyclist.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help and don't worry about my silly answer - I'm sure you'll find what you need to know on here in no time.

Cap'n Crunch (ex Scaleys)