PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD80 plane crash in Phuket, Sep. 07
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 06:42
Baccara Bar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baccara Bar

Most of the threads about the Phuket crash are not correct. If you think I am racist, you only say that to defend your attitude in aviation. Tell me why a Captain at OX once moved the thrust levers to the stops as they were slowing down to M.80 in cruise as both pilots where asleep and the FE woke him up. The FE pulled them back and said you are overboosting the engines. He pushed them forward to the firewall again saying "we need it, we need it". There is USD 100,000 of Udoms money down the drain. The reason why Asian Aviation has many accidents is because of culture. Three reasons. One quick promotion. Two the Loss of Face thing and three the Hierachal System where a Captain will not listen to a F/O. Have a look at the accident Garuda had in a B737 recently where the skipper was a fruitcake.

I do not give a **** where you are from whether you are white, black, pink or yellow. As long as you see professionalism in attitude and outlook. Tell me why the crash happened in Malaysia where he prayed for 6 seconds believing this was his God's will before killing everybody. We would have the thrust levers forward, the stick back in our stomachs but he decided it was time for him to die. Grow up pilots and see where the real problems lie in this industry with cultures that do not think laterally.