PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2007, 13:25
Flying Guy

Left Seat 747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monthly rosters and days off

You asked for suggested improvements.

At present, we receive our monthly roster just two or three days ahead of the month and then are only "guaranteed" the next 15 days. That doesn't allow us to plan practically anything! This is particularly hard for fixed base contractors with families who want to schedule family events.

I would like to see us receive our roster by the 20th of the preceding month and the roster be "good" for the month, not just 15 days.

Now then. the most important thing in the roster is the scheduled days off. They should be set in concrete. I frankly don't care if scheduling changes my trips to different destinations at different times during my working days. I fully appreciate that the scheduling in ACMI requires constant re adjustment due to ever changing customer requests. But make it a mission to give us our days off WHEN THEY ARE SCHEDULED so we can plan our social life.

To do this I assume will require more crews to be available, a problem right now with all the events in progress at Air Atlanta. But you asked so there is my suggestion. Better quality of life and more security will result in better crew retention. :-)

Since there has been no much negative input over the last few pages let me add that I like working here. There are a lot of good guys here (gals too) that fly and maintain these airplanes who give their professional best. And when Miller time comes around we have some really good times.