PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2007, 20:44
AAI_Operations

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Earl said:
Are you for real or just trying to get information as to who people are posting the problems here concerning AAI?
I don't know how to prove who I am with out giving my name

A few years ago crews tried to do something about this and stand together in KUL remember that?
No, sorry

We trusted one Captain to present our side, he threatned industrial action, none of us knew about this until after the fact.
So everyone involved was punished in one way or another.
What about all the crew members that refused to operate against the MEL"s and FDT that complained and nothing ever happened.
Some worked there for many years and helped build the company, when they had enough they left.
Now they are the bad guys.
AAI needs a whole managment change, from the chief pilot on down.
Lots of good dedicated people have left because of this comply or goodbye type thinking.
Every single one of us would have done anything for this company, but when we did break the rules it set a new standard, before long we had no standards at all, it became anything goes as long as they can cover it up.
So what has changed?
We will have to hope that things are changing as they are promising...

Thank you for your input Flying Guy, it is much appreciated.

VS1711 said:
You can't be too hard on the AAI ops guy, if he's up in Iceland there's every chance he's doing his best under tough circumstances and he doesn't know any better anyway. I'm more interested in this "Strategic Review".....they're up for sale?

I guess from Eimskip's perspective it makes good sense since Atlanta represents a lot of potential risk with all those contractors around the world working for the mysterious Airborne Personnel. Who owns them again?
My theory is that the company has already been sold. In yesterdays paper Icelandair says that they might be interested. If Icelandair will buy in the next couple of weeks they were just announcing this to comply with rules of the Icelandic stock market. Lets see how this will go +

p.s. Ask the correct questions VS1711 and you will get the answers you look for.