PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2007, 08:40
Flying Guy

Left Seat 747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ease up guys

A lot of old grips about the company are coming out here and I don't blame you guys. However, don't lay those hard feelings at the personal doorstep of the AAI operations person who seems to be trying to have honest dialogue with us. Who knows, he may not have even worked here three years ago, Earl.

If we shoot this messenger he will go away and we have lost an opportunity to get valuable information from him, and to have POSITIVE input to the guys in AAI operations in this informal forum.
I personally have seen some improvements here in the last few months. For instance, I am now called and asked if I will work on a day off rather than just getting notice of the trip shoved under my door. Conversely, we don't get any overtime pay for working on that day off.

THAT needs to change!

The pay here is pretty decent, but you have to be willing to spend long periods away from home. If you have a family, this isn't the place for you unless you get a fixed base contract.

I intend to write more later in this forum but there are some things to like about working for Air Atlanta as long you understand the deal. The checks always come on time and there are a lot of good guys here with tons of experience. We tend to be bashed by outsiders who don't have a clue about the quality of our cockpits. We do some of the hardest flying in the world at Air Atlanta. We go EVERYWHERE, with all the attendant problems of borders, politics, fly-over permits, hotels good bad and ugly. Half the controllers we talk to barely speech English. But we do it and we do it well, in my opinion.

More later, just don't shoot the messenger, okay?

Last edited by Flying Guy; 26th May 2007 at 10:28. Reason: spelling