PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:04
AAI_Operations

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rsull said:
What we do now is pay an Industrial relations lawyer to work on our behalf. Captains pay about $600 and FO’s about $400 per year and that get us a year of his service. We only have a small pilot group and as the company grows and hires more and they join then the costs per member goes down. He has achieved lots more and we have more than covered our costs with increased benefits and conditions. There is no stress to the pilot group, and we have professional legal advice an all matters. He has negotiated our contracts and recently added productivity bonuses.This works really well for us and from what I have read I think it will work well for AAI crews.
We also setup a group forum. The only ones with access are our Lawyer and our pilots.
Good idea. This is something that AAI pilots might want to look into, I'm not going to encourage it

paddy in the east said:
I have a few friends who worked there a few years ago...
I think the key is to share what YOU have experienced, not pass on hear-say.

acmi48 said:
as an aaic acmi user .. have not had any negative feed back from the pilot community flying on our contracts
A pilot that was talking negatively to the customer about the company he works for should be fired! It is as simple as that...

Yobbo said:
4weeks on - 10 days off Typical of AAI, good idea but not quite right! How about 4 weeks on - 2 weeks off?
Now what is wrong with this? If I can count with my 10 fingers it seems to me that they are offering 10 more days then pilots had before!! What is wrong with that?