PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2007, 21:29
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Best of luck. Try to avoid or allow extra time if using the Northern section of the M25 and then the M1. A day should suffice!

LGTS to go orange?

Locals in N Beds and Cambs are 'up in arms' about a new hold close to their 'patch' according to my HP Sauces! I hope they have a large complaints letter box at the ministry?

With the announcement of Precision Navigation being the preferred method of routing from the new hold to the threshold, noise en-route shall be considered to be minimised.

From the little I know, this means a route can be devised to totally minimise the noise profile as a dedicated flight path, with numerous turns. This can be drawn so that an aircraft navigation system follows this route with pin point accuracy. This will become industry leading. Speeds, headings and levels will be buried within the navigational arrival route, pre-programed into the Flight Management System.

Basically, planes can fly without the need of radar vectors, following a series of lines drawn on a map avoiding noise impact upon urban areas. These arrival routes from the hold will become radar monitored, with controller intervention to maintain the distance between successive arrivals and to ensure separation.

Well according to the consultation, this seems a mega change for the better as far as environmental impact is concerned. Now all I need to do, is ask for the inbounds on 08 to arrive 250m further North whilst on an 8 mile final than they do now!

Last edited by Buster the Bear; 28th Apr 2007 at 21:53.