PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic
Thread: Air Baltic
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2007, 23:34
splitflaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winglet80.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and I am happy for you as you seems to like your situation. I have read your posts and I find it hard to believe that you are Swedish, you don't have a very scandinavian attitude towards the prloblems that people is writing about. If you are Swedish you would understand some Danish as well and I urge you to have a look at the danish pilot forums. This forum is not in english so people who are cereful about speaking their mind ( remember the Russian airforce guy from a previous post?) dare to be a litle more specific and out spoken.

I have been stunned more than once when I have talked to my friend in BT (whom I have known for 15 years and did my pilot training with). The keywords in BT seems to be submission. We are pilots for christs sake if you as a co-pilot don't say no when the captain is doing something stupid ( and after all the stories that I have heard it seems to be every other flight) then who will, the pax in 14c? submission can be very dangerous.
Especially in a company that seems to have substandard captains ( as my friend put it, a lot of them is really good but the lowest standard is terribly low). Flight dispatch seems to be glitching too, and have very high expectations on the pilots accepting questionable planes. dangerous if nobody dares to say no.

Negative points is another interesting thing that really cracked me up. I just couln't believe what i heard.

Having heard all the stories (all true i am sure) I urge you guys to listen to flying eagle. DO talk to each other about the situation, it is not whining.

Having said that. Of course BT is an exellent first job. Lots of exciting destinations, a fair amount of flying and excellent social life. I have witnesed that myself, in riga and I do have that T-shirt. I know nothing about Vilnius. But it seems to me that you shouldn't waste your time there, in BT that is.

Finally. Why don't any of the present or previous pilots post here? why is it always a friend? or a friend of a friend. A couple of reasons me think. The following employer (s) will ofcourse look at your cv...bla, bla
It's not a good thing to have worked for a bad airline so keep quiet.
Second I have heard that BT management is pretty good on bad mouthing previous employees even if they have done a good job! can't see why they would be nicer if the employee has stirred up things and started rumours. If a former or present BT pilot wuold write something here it would not really be a rumour, more like facts. When a friend posts (and all pilots likes to have the best stories) it's only a rumour, hence the name of this brilliant page. Every thing here should ofcourse be treated as a romour, but where there's smoke there's fire!

To all of you guys who has just landed a job there, the warmest of gratulations. As always in the aviation world, do speak up if some thing seems fishy. This is expected of you once you get a job in a real airline.
Best of luck