PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots flying for US Carriers
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2007, 18:21
Amin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm holding a Swedish and Iranian passport with no greencard and I work in US as a flight instructor LEGALLY!!! How, I'm on a F1 visa status. F1 visa will allow you to work on campus and my universtiy has a flight programm and thats where I work, which is on campus. I will be graduating end of May so I'm legall to work untill then, only on campus. I'm hoping to have 900tt by then. After my graduation I'm allowed to apply for my OPT (Optional Practical Training), which means I have the right to work anywhere in US legally for one year. But it has to be related to my field (pilot). I'm hoping to see if I can get to regionals with my OPT. The regionals are hurting bad so how knows. If not, I can go to a part 135. But I really hoping to go to Middle East and fly, the pay is much better.

The US airlines will never ever sponsor anyone for H1B, NEVER EVER. Even in late 60's when they were facing a BIG BIG pilot shortage, they never issued one.

Also somone said (don't want to mention any name) that they never hire muslims in US!!! Please do some research before you say something. So, how come they hired me as a Flight Instructor!!!!! and what about Mesa, Pinnacle, American Eagle airlines that have flight crew that are muslim arabs and iranians.

Good luck to all