PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE (Jerez) Grads - Who has got a Job?
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 15:05
Headinclouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fte

Hi,

I did Modular Course, and it worked very well. Dont think its available at the moment. One thing I might just summise from my observations, while there.
The Recommendation is an informal opinion made by 3 or 4 Individuals. Nobody could figure the 'Recommendation' process out. You may all say it is similiar to a BA Process, based on Groundschool and Skills tests.etc. Should that be the case, please asks yourselves two questions:
1. Would you be prepared to part with a lot of Euro to become another potential victim of politics? and potentially seriously damage your Job Prospects........
2. Does FTE hold its reputation(which is a well respected one), based on this 'recommendation' process, or is it based on the High Standards of instruction/tuition?
(3...................Why do they bother with their selection process for entry, if these are the cases)

I, was not involved in this 'recommendation' scenario, as only did some modular training there, and from the start they will not recommend Modular students, which I knew and can understand. I found instuctors brilliant.

In relation to Flight Directors Comments, airlines often rely on these 'recommendations' as they have nothing else to go........apart from the odd personal recommendation, from fellow pilots, within their Airline.........
Is one CAA First Time pass the same as Another?