PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE (Jerez) Grads - Who has got a Job?
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2007, 19:48
ALBATROSS 322

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To give you a realistic assessment x/10 would require me to have trained at other institutions. I would nevertheless like to point out a few aspects of the training as follows:

(1) The overall quality of the training is quite respectable (groundschool very well organised / flying fairly well managed) with the exception of the MCC. It is great to see that someone has finally realised that the use of a Hawker HS737 simulator is inadequate for conducting the MCC and appreciated the need to “concentrate on Business and Project Development” (Many congratulations on this awakening! ) At the end of the day the course was completed without any delays.

(2) Ground instructors have been very friendly and helpful. Flying instructors, generally helpful and supportive (with some exceptions). Rest of staff also very friendly and generally helpful.

(3) As within any institution, final decisions tend to be made by a board. Although this board claims that all decisions are based on “BA style” criteria, this is not always the case. Having discussed the recommendation criteria at length with different “managers” it is evident that no 2 can agree on the same statements. To answer “future captain” they are unfair mainly in the respect that their requirements are not clearly stipulated and no one is clearly told what it is they assess (after having asked).
How can you strive without knowing what your aim is? – because it appears that acing Groundschool / passing the flying and MCC does not suffice. Obviously it would appear that it is all a matter of opinion and that each manager will adapt the criteria to his opinion!

(4) FINAL POINT: Ask yourselves this, do you really want to invest money into an organisation where more importance is attributed to 3 people’s opinion rather than your performance?
And for those of you who think that this is a generalisation and a load of **** please provide me with some sort of explanation as to why there are SO MANY “exceptions” out there?

Last edited by ALBATROSS 322; 17th Mar 2007 at 15:08.