PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE (Jerez) Grads - Who has got a Job?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2007, 00:30
F.O.E.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be the first to break cover then……….Off my course (we were the penultimate course to graduate in 2006) 4 have gone to cityflyer... one started in feb and the other 3 who went for BA started in march. That leaves 6 of us to go..... I know one guy is off in Malaysia doing instructing, one is in Ireland building hours to instruct, one is in Spain trying to crack the Spanish airlines, two have interviews with Logan air this month and I have an assessment with ryan air some time in the not too distant future........

the course before me most of them were bacon the self sponsored guys two are with cityflyer one at Gecat and I know one hasn't got anything but is waiting for the school to sort out flybe or logan...

course 48 I think most are with Flybe, one with cityflyer and one other is instructing.....

Oh marks out of 10 for FTE well I honesty most of us will bitch about the food and stuff but at the end of the day it wasn't too bad.... I managed to get fat on it.... or was it the beer!!! There is a good camaraderie at the school or well at least there was and I enjoyed many a night having a couple of scoops underneath the andalucian sky. The standard of ground school is good with many of the course averages 92% + and a high standard of flight instruction with well looked after planes.
Problems with the place really are the sims.... the hawker 737 haha which is a tad old and I must stress is getting replaced with a real 737 sim at the end of the year, but for the MCC it was more than adequate! The main problem I found with the school was a disparity in the way they treated the airline tagged students compared to the self sponsored guys and also the ambiguity that surrounds their recommendation process..... they seem to think once we have graduated we dont talk! However I hope that this will be sorted out with the reshuffle that seems to have occurred!

I spoke to a self sponsored guy from 52 who graduated this year and he said that they haven’t heard anything from the school but the Thomson guys who were then earmarked for flybe have now signed their contracts for Thomson (good bunch of guys too, I’m glad it worked out for them).

Good school though and the andalucian women are sexy as hell

hope this helps im sure the other guys from the respected course will add bits too.