PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2007, 21:04
EGMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in more DEPTH

REALISE that every interview will be different.
1- Because you are different from all the 'others' &
2- Because the same HR and ATCO don’t sit every assessment

...That said Nick, look at the tiscali site if you haven’t already
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/radar2001/resources/recruit_menu.htm

but whilst it is fresh from last week:

Tell us about yourself [hobbies/fam/life story]
Any RECENT big decisions- how did you go about making them?
What are important characteristics for an ATCO to have?
Why do you 'wannaB' an ATCO?
Why do ya wanna work for NATS?
What can ya BRING to NATS?
How do you deal with criticism?
What are your goals?

How did the team game go...'TRUTHFULLY'
..... I think they were asking me to bad-mouth/dish the dirt to be honest, but give good analysis and constructive criticism of the event, rather than personal likes/dislikes... try and remember names and USE them [which also helps to remember them-how useful!].

MY CLOSING ADVICE Nick,
Every night think of 1or2 questions they COULD ask you. Picture the pause and feeling of silence and you looking dumbfounded with inevitability of you NOT being able to answer such a simple personal question- then, in the comfort of your own home give a good answer [or think of a couple]...which is TRUE and also RELATES to ATC.
This will help in two ways: 1-it’ll help you to cope with the feeling of interview and the ****-hit-fan silence, 2- it'll give you good answers to play with when some of the questions are eventually asked.

but when I say play them out in your head...actually DO that, do it in REAL time... try not to simply fob it off by summarizing in your head and going 'yeah- SORTED!'

PS: It's not ALL formal, you MIGHT get a chance to lunch with them too. If so, utilise that to show interest in what they do- both of them [i.e. HR too]. Try not to skank off on ones self will show em what a great colleague you'd be!
Bear in mind that even though that ISNT part of the assessment, who in their right mind would employ a passable interviewee if they had an argumentative and self-righteous attitude