PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic
Thread: Air Baltic
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 18:59
Blackcoffeenosugar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview

There is a book called "how to ace the technical interview", it has helped me out alot. There is also a new version of the "from power on to power off" at SAS flight Academy that is REALLY good.
When I did my tests with them I didn't do a single one of their math questions (could not be bothered, just "clicked" through them)- and they told me later that my test results (total score) were amongst the best they had had!? Well if you choose to do the q's the program that they use for testing has windows 95 or 98 running in the back ground. Pushing ALT + TAB will let you open a window that has Accessories, there you can use the calculator

For the tech questions try http://www.smartcockpit.com

Winglet80 - You crack me up! PM me if you want any tips on other good jobs
Obviously things are looking better then when I was there. I had a russian guy in a leather jacket come around and collect the rent in cash (euros) every month.
Make sure you get good insurance! The hospitals are freakishly bad! We had a german guy fall out of a 737 (don't ask me how) and the doc's did not even examin him. They just gave him a hand full of pills and told him to go back to work. He went back to germany and they put his arm in a cast and the guy could hardly walk! (nothing to do with the cast)

The insurance bt gives you only covers around 1000 USD a year! But that will get you quite far in a Latvian hospital.

Good luck guys!
Ps. winglet-yes I would have gotten the other job without bt. It is not considered a good thing to have a lot of time in bt on your CV.