PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic
Thread: Air Baltic
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2007, 22:44
Blackcoffeenosugar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a last alternative, maybe..

I've desided not to sound like a "spoiled" scandinavian, so I will spear you the stories on quality of life. Latvia has the highest number of alcoholics per capita an for several good reasons. I'll leave it at that.
The company has been to court three times agains pilots and lost every time. Several pilots have left the company with no job to go to. IF you want to relocate to Latvia, why not go for Latcharter. They are getting 2 new A320's this spring.

Airbaltic were telling us about this fantasic new roostering system they had bought in early 2005. Guess they haven't gotten it yet!?
What you will want to now in advance is that roostering is a problem. They will put 19 pilots on standby to cover one flight rather than give days off, so that you use your holidays when ever you want to have days off. (December 25,27 and 29 2005 to name a few dates)
They will deduct things from your salary without asking. If you get sick- your problem. One of the expats got hit by a car and did not get any pay for two months!
They will only pay you great circle distance X TAS from A to B. No other pay! 2600 after tax!? Yeah.. at year 2 on the 737 after working 90 block hours a month!
I am now working in the real world and am getting paid 3 times what I got at BT. Having lots of time off and a life!

What ever you deside, I wish you the best of luck!
Ps.. you might want to read up on your russian if you want to know what is going on when you fly in bt.