PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius wannabees
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2007, 05:52
localiserreborn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again,

I don't mean to compare schools or comment on anybody's standard. I have no feedback or experience on this.

When air mauritius sends ab-initio cadets to a school, it has a bit of control on what training the pilots go through and are able to monitor progress and even stop training for guys (or girls) that do not make enough progress or who are weaker (although I think that they have a deal like a guarantee from 43rd that the cadets graduating from that school will make it to the aircraft type rating, that would explain the early chopping of some cadets last year...not confirmed so please consider only as a rumour).

Anyway, when you come in for the interview with your licence already acquired, mk does not know your background and your training and has to decide if they are going to spend money on you for your type rating and be satisfied with your performance. It is a bit of a gamble for the company and they want to keep all the chances on their side. This is why it is more difficult to get through this way.

But keep the faith as they say. Always keep your calm, look in control and beleive in yourselves and in your habilities. You have to show them that you are motivated, ready to learn from them and make a career starting with them, that you are reliable and that they are not going to waste their money on you and that you are going to make it to the left hand seat easily one day.

But don't show that you are over-confident and most of all, be honest. If you don't know the answer from one question, think about it for a moment and then say you are sorry you don't know and will look it up in your books.

There are no tricks during the interview and you will be asked to talk about yourselves and asked a few technical questions to test your knowledge. As I say, I don't know what is asked but I would not go in too much detail in the theory (maybe a little bit of aerodynamics) but check more practical things like flight planning, fuel requirements for our kind of operation, IFR procedures and rules etc...( guys who have been through the interviews lately should give you more details). I think that you need to make a good impression most of all.

Good luck to all and let us know on pprune how you go.

Cheers,

Loc