PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius wannabees
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 07:15
localiserreborn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

the rejection rate in the screening process for licences holders are far higher than for ab-initio candidates...
Just want to comment about this. You guys must realise that Air Mauritius is not a Flying school but an airline and when you join with your self sponsored licence they expect you to perform to a certain minimum level because they don't have the time and resources to train you in the sim and on line to do the basic stuff. They are reluctant to employ self sponsored guys because usually these guys are forced to fly the minimum hours to get their cpl and ir because of financial difficulties, especially at the end of the training, with the result that the ir training is barely enough to get through. You must realise that all flights being filed under ifr, it is important for those joining to have a strong ifr background/knowledge. Also, the aircraft you start on is relatively big and fast compared to the ones that you fly in a flying school or club, so you have to perform quickly and MK cannot afford to send you back to the sim for another training session!

Anyway, good luck to all of you out there. I can't tell you much about the selection process as I am not involved but I can tell you about the airline. Air Mauritius is not the best airline but certainly not the worse one. Don't listen to all the b!tch!ng on these websites. There are always 2 sides of every story. I have been arround here for a while now and am still here, for how long?? Nobody knows. But something is for sure, I don't regret it. Air Mauritius is the best start you can have as a career in aviation for a mauritian.

Cheers,

Loc