PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius wannabees
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2007, 15:31
PilotVD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hanging in there.....

hey Dany & UAU,
I fully agree that the Aviation degree is not a waste but would have preferred to start it after obtaining the licences.
Just a bit confused if the pre-requisites to enter the Cadetship scheme with licences require one to have a CPL and an IR as well as an ATPL frozen, I won't make it and will have to apply as an ab initio. I'm just a little bit mad at myself and hence that winge!
Recent enquiry with HR, IB advised that only a CPL is required but I'm not too sure as it might have been different in previous vacancies, unless they have changed the pre-requisites now.
Does anyone still keep the advert for last time?
Yes,about the drop outs, I might have an explanation but not too sure.
with other airlines like Qantas, before one attempt the psyc test after successfully tackled the Aptitude test, he/she has to do a WOMBAT test, which measures one's hand and eye coordination which is vital to passing through with minimum hours and hence minimising airline training cost.
Does Air Mtius conduct a Wombat test?
One can be very good with IQ and meet the profile on the psyc test but if that person is not good with hand and eye coordination, he/she would be shafted!
About the next cadetship intake, I'm just hanging in there. It has been a long wait, sources say that it was due back in Nov 2006 but due to the reshuffling, it has been delayed. how far??? who knows???
I'm so tempted to go and finish off my 2 subjects to complete my CASA ATPL frozen.
But recently spoke to a Mauritian pilot who joined the cadetship scheme a few years ago, advised me that he had to do JAA ATPL frozen, inspite having a CASA ATPL.
so shd I go all the way to Melbourne to finish off the ATPL?
cheers
thx for replying...