PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius wannabees
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2007, 18:18
UAU242

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilotVD,dannythau

Hi there
I spoke to the chief instructor of 43 recently who told me that only the 2 girls had returned home, maybe since then another 2 have been chopped. In any case, how good is the selection process if at such an early stage already a few have not progressed enough? (admittedly there are always some who don't progress, but good guys were passed over in the last selection!)...I agree with pilotVD and suspect that they look for people who will "fit" in with the company, i might be wrong. I've been told that this is the aim of the personality tests (and you can draw your own conclusions from the fact that the results are "confidential"). Also, i think to an extent its true that they like to train you in their approved school. But they seem to change school, always going to whichever is the best value, every few years its seems. Now its sounds as if the JAA license in Australia will be cheaper than SA and funnily enough I've heard from somewhere or other that they considering it! Add to this that they DO take on guys who've trained in other schools. But this is the same as airlines in the UK. So its not just mk. I suppose what I'm trying to say is if we all go and do our best then their is a chance we'll make it eventually.
PilotVD, don't think of your degree as a waste of money. I did a Finance degree before starting training, and even though it was money that I could have spent on training, it is still a valuable back-up. At any time you can lose your medical, God forbid. But the degree could prove very valuable one day! So its good that you have it!
Hi Dannythau, groundschool is tough, but i'm getting through it, taking it one day at a time! Will be very glad when its all over! Mainly because after this its time to go hourbuilding!!! Should be great fun!
One last thing, no disrespect pilotvd but if you've heard that the cadet selection is not far off, then plan for it in 6 months time, this is "not far off" with MK!
UAU242