PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Turnaround Co-ordinator LHR
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2007, 16:35
Pax Agent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Turnaround Co-ordinator LHR

Hi guys....hope all is well in the world of load control. I've been out of this dept for about a year now (been getting my wings as CC).
I used to be in ops/dispatch at a regional airport before I left and we did deal with a number of long haul departures (t-fly and the like on cruise charters) so I can deal with north atlantic mapping as well as my lil easybuses and ryanair/ba/austrian etc...
Anyway I have seen this job available (at a considerable higher wage than CC earn to start with) and am hoping someone can give me some idea of Virgin's take on this role?!
What I mean is exactly what the Virgin processes are and what you're required to complete and be responsible for. I understand the foundation requirements of the job but im talking more about the airline specific. Every airline does things differently and has different people collating and signing off documentation.
Where as in a regional airport there was 1 person responsible for the lot I assume in LHR there must be persons controlling cargo/livestock/gate procedures etc and passing on the authorisation to the appointed person?
Just I can't imagine a 747 being a 1 man loading job! lol!
Also it advises a wage of £25K (there abouts inc shift pay) can some1 advise me if it is possible to continue a career with them and climb the ladder aswell as the payscales
Any ideas on shift times (it says u will work 4 on 2 off) and if you have to complete airside driving course? (I have done 1 of these previously)

Im sorry the post is a bit messy im just after as much info about this job as it might be a gamble for me whether to leave BA CC to go direct into this or to stay at BA (which i enjoy except for the £££) and work my way to BA ops in due course? (my original plan but i think im looking at a number of years aren't i?)

Many thanx guys and gals.....any help is appreciated soooo much because my head is spinning. I feel like im with Noel and don't know whether or not to 'Deal'!

Paxy.....XXX