PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying the MU2 - facts please.
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2006, 02:04
Ag2A320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Con,

Its A Solitaire, yeah truly impressive 321kts max cruise, thinking of trading up into one, but with cuts pending at the dayjob and my other aviation ventures on the downturn, i'm not willing to put myself in the hole for an extra 15kts and quicker rate of climb.

I've been out of 135 game a long time, sold the business; lucked out got an airline slot and kept the airplane and have been managing to keep it because of my -135 Mu-2 contacts and my A&P/IA rating ; most years it cost me the same in expenses as the Turbo 310R we traded in for it, but if i get furloughed again it may very well have to go, it will be a very sad day for me but it will have been a fun ride while it lasted.

N54 Ugly Slut - memory serves me Chocolate brown with Orange & Tan accents - once joked with George Mall, when he said it was time to repaint it - Where are you going to get the same shade of Sh-t brown? at which point,he kicked me out of his office, it got repainted in what became the fleet colours : White with two blue cheat lines on the fuselage, tip tanks and vertical fin.

Intercontinental Jet of Tulsa bought the fleet of 35 Mu-2's after George's passing (Cancer); he had owned or brokered over 350 Mu-2s, some airframes like 54US, he bought 8 or 9 times over 30 years! Flew it after the repaint into area of level 4's on the TUL - DFW mail run, came out looking worse than Brown scheme, patches of paint missing everywhere.

Last edited by Ag2A320; 12th Dec 2006 at 04:37.