PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T wave inversion in the inferior lead.
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2006, 13:10
737Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rhovsquared
T- wave inversion in the inferior lead aVF or III, as was mentioned in the absence of symptomology, and cardiac enzymes Troponin C and such, is generally physiologic, in fact many normal individuals present with tachyarrythmias, bradyarrythmias, and ST segment and T- wave inversion, axis deviaions and even runs of V-fib yet there's no EKG to continuously monitor them. if you don't pass after a retest you may require electrphysiology testing 'cath lab' to completely rule out pathology---a bit ridiculous with out angina or cardiomyopathy--- at least for the non flying

edited to add inferior is lead III... forgot an I
I'm going through the exact same thing now. My EKG showed "nonspecific inferior T abnormalities". The doc said I had a flattened T-wave. I did a stress test and everything came back normal but the t-wave abnormality was still there. Next is the echo. I have no chest pain or symptoms of heart problems. Were you given a reason why your t-waves were "abnormal" on the ekg? My doc said it could just be how my ekg is. If you have any further insight, please feel free to post. As you can imangine I am quite nervous about this!
Thanks