PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning - 1st OCT 2006 - Ageism Law and Seniority lists
Old 22nd Sep 2006, 15:13
davidwildpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry British Airways rehire of oldies?

Have any of you fellow recently retired BA pilots reapplied for their old job back now that the retirement age has been raised? I did and was told that the official policy was that I could do all the normal recruiting procedure and if successful to go into a holding pool with all the youngsters and wait for the call for employment, presumably with no seniority and no acknowledgement of previous, though recent, and loyal service. As I still have current BA LPC/OPC, and having been good enough a few months ago to fly for BA, how can they now have the audacity to suggest I sit in a recruiting room, building lego with teenagers and ticking boxes that I presumably have been able to fill for years, better still do the actual job. Is there no-one in middle management in BA who has the guts or brains to announce that this is a tragic and needless waste of human resources and suggest the rehire of recently retired pilots? One minute you are wanted, the next conveniently forgotten just in time before the new legislation comes in.